Covid-19: Vaccine registration for 18+ from today: What you need to know
Citizens over the age of 18 will be able to register for the next step of the Covid-19 vaccination drive starting today.
Eligible citizens can book slots online via the government’s Co-WIN platform or the Aarogya Setu app, which was launched last year. Until now, the vaccine was only available to those over the age of 45, as well as healthcare and frontline staff. However, beginning May 1, all adult people will be able to get vaccinated after completing a mandatory registration process, according to the government.
Via the CoWin portal, all eligible people may register and schedule an appointment. You should go –
How to register for vaccination
You may need to include some basic information about yourself, such as the specifics of your photo identification card, in order to register online.
Use your phone number to sign up.
Four individuals may be registered using a single cell phone number; however, each individual may need their own photo identification card.
Consent would be obtained and registered if the Aadhar card is used as an identity document.
Schedule your vaccine appointment for May 1st or later at a location of your choosing.
To register for the vaccine via Aarogya Setu,
- Open the app and then select the CoWin tab from the home screen.
- Select ‘vaccination registration’ and then enter a phone number, followed by OTP.
- Click on verify and you will be led to the registration tab.
- To register, simply follow the steps outlined above.
- On the day of the appointment, bring the appointment slip and photo ID you used to book the appointment to the centre.
Documents required when you go for the vaccination
- Driving License,
- Aadhaar Card,
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour,
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act Job Card,
- PAN Card,
- Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office,
- Pension Document,
- Voter ID
Following online registration, the beneficiary will receive an SMS with the due date, location, and time for vaccination on their registered mobile number.